*This blog post is best viewed on your PC’s/Laptops.
As 2017 has come to an end, lets look at what the coming times will have to offer in terms of interior design trends. My two cents – what better time than now to crave for security, warmth, healing, a recollection of the familiar and intimate; the world today predominantly plagued by global health, food and financial crisis, embarked onto the road to recovery nonetheless. An ever progressing world with increasing demand and insufficient supply; enveloped by civil wars and outrage nonetheless; and global warming and climatic change sparing no one. The interiors industry will thereby most certainly be marked by a Blast from the Past combining the old with an eclectic fusion of the following, to say the least:
- Sustainable/Green Technologies – to minimize environmental footprint,
- 3D Printing,
- Relaxed Maximalism,
- Health/Well-being inducing interiors (chemical free chalk paints), and living smart,
- Ethnic/Multicultural/Travel – inspired themes,
- the Bespoke/Handcrafted/Artisanal – the rare/crafty/exclusive/unique rather than ‘brands’ per se,
- Bringing Nature Indoors, and
- Positively Bold Colours and the closest parallel with Fashion in a long time.